- The Authentic Caribbean Rum Marque will be present at the leading rum shows during October, one of the busiest months in high quality spirits events around Europe
- The German Rum Festival, RUMFEST UK, Show Rum in Rome and the Belgium Rum Festival all take place during October 2014, along with other leading spirits shows like Bar Convent Berlin, Barforum in Barcelona, Boutique Bar Show in Edinburgh and Salone del Gusto in Turin
- The Authentic Caribbean Rum Marque will provide training and information to trade professionals during many of these shows to continue with its educational campaign around Europe.
September 2014– If you are a spirits professional or aficionado, the month of October is one of the busiest months in the calendar. In fact, Germany hosts one of the leading spirits events in Europe (Bar Convent Berlin) and a Rum Festival just days before. Likewise, The London Cocktail week takes place the week before Rumfest UK takes over the ILECConferenceCenter in Earls Court. And with other key industry events taking place all over Europe, October can clearly state its case as “The Rum Month”.
Which is why the Authentic Caribbean Rum (ACR) Marque, developed by the West Indies Rum and Spirits Producers’ Association (WIRSPA), will be present at some of the leading events in order to continue its international educational campaign for drinks professionals.
“Spirited” Events during the Month of October:
- October 4-5th German Rum Festival, (Germany) http://rumfest-berlin.com/
- October 7-8th Bar Convent Berlin (Germany)http://www.barconvent.com/
- October 6-12th London Cocktail Week (UK)http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week
- October 10-12th RumFest UK (London, UK) http://rumfest.co.uk/
- October 18-19th Show Rum, (Rome, Italy) http://showrum.it
- October 18-19th Belgium Rum Festival http://www.salondurhum.be/
- October 20-23rd) Barforum Barcelona (Spain) http://www.barforum.es/
- October 22nd Boutique Bar Show Edinburgh (UK) http://www.boutiquebarshow.com/
- October 23-27th) Salone del Gusto Turin (Italy) http://www.salonedelgusto.com/
During the 4th and 5th of October the Marque will be present at the German Rum Festival, one of the most successful themed rum events in Germany. International Panel member Bastian Heuser will represent the Marque, providing sampling opportunities with a stand and providing further insight in a master class during the event. Two days after, the Marque will participate in Bar Convent Berlin, hosting a stand and offering a master class that will be delivered by ACR International Panel member Andrew Nicholls.
On Friday October 10th, during the start of RumFest London, WIRSPA will hold a special seminar with the objective of developing business internationally for producers of the rums under the Authentic Caribbean Rum (ACR) Marque. The seminar will include the participation of Ian Burrell, world rum ambassador and creator of RumFest UK and a presentation by IWSR on the rum category worldwide.
Following events in Germany and the UK, the Marque will continue its October tour of Europe to participate in Barforum Barcelona (20th-23rd), the Boutique Bar Show in Edinburgh (22nd) and Salone del Gusto in Turin (23rd– 27th). In all events the focus will be in providing information and education to all drinks professionals interested in learning more about the category.
Download the press release here
About the ACR Marque
The Authentic Caribbean Rum (ACR) Marque was developed as a symbol of authenticity, provenance and quality for rums within the WIRSPA family. As usage of the Marque grows it will act as a visual symbol to help trade customers and consumers identify ACR brands, but in the short-term it will be used to promote the development of Authentic Caribbean Rum as a distinct sector within the drinks industry.
For more information visit www.wirspa.com
The West Indies Rum and Spirits Producers’ Association Inc. (WIRSPA) is an ‘association of associations’ in that it represents distillers associations from across the ACP Caribbean*. The current Chairman is Dr. Frank Ward from Barbados.
The West Indies Rum & Spirits Producers Association implements the EU funded CARIFORUM Rum Sector Support Project on behalf of CARIFORUM.